At this time we will continue to operate golfing activities whilst implementing additional measures to increase the safety of Members and staff. This is based on the latest advice received from Golf NSW which is included below.
"While your clubhouse operations must be closed for normal business, golfing activities can and should continue. Of course, golfers should exhibit a heightened awareness of personal hygiene and adhere to social distancing guidelines, as has been encouraged by state and federal health departments. By its nature, golf promotes a level of social distancing and while it is important that this is adhered to, golf is a lower risk sport than many others"
- Golf NSW 23-03-2020
We at this time will adhere to this advice.
A number of additional measures will be put in place in order to conduct golfing activities while providing a safe environment for golfers.
- Clubhouse facilities are closed
- No access is available through the Lower Ground Lobby. Please park in either the basement or on-grade car park.
- Lifts are not in operation. Please use ramp or stairs to access pro-shop/basement.
- Toilet facilities are still available. Showers are closed, Locker room use is discouraged unless necessary.
- Only Pay-wave payments will be accepted, this to limit cash handling
- A box will be placed outside the pro-shop for completed competition cards. These will be entered by staff - Golf simulators will be closed until further notice
- No swapping of competition cards. Please mark your own scorecard
- Flagstick to be left in the hole at all times. Holes have been modified to make it easier to retrieve golf balls from the hole.
- 30cm preferred lies in bunkers. Rakes to be removed from the course. Please smooth footprints with shoe/club after entering bunkers
- Golf cart usage limited to one person per cart with a reduced rate of $20 per cart
- Practice flags will be removed from practice putting and chipping greens
- Limited take-away food and beverage offering will be available from the halfway house.
- Payments will only be accepted via pay-Wave or from members accounts.
Members are reminded to respect the 1.5m distancing from staff and other golfers and to wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds (best practice). You need to monitor yourself for symptoms. If you (or someone in your household) develop even a mild cough or low-grade fever (37.3 or above) you should stay home and self-isolate for a period of 14 days, avoiding close contact with people and you should seek medical advice. Members who have had a text to check if they have contracted COVID-19 should not patronise the club facilities at all until their results are clear.
We acknowledge that some of these new measures which we are implementing may cause inconvenience to some members but keeping our golfing facility safe and open for our staff and members is our priority.
We thank you for your ongoing support and hope that all our members and families can stay safe during this time.